Invoice items listing by patient and date

Help with reports & document templates
Post a reply

Invoice items listing by patient and date

Postby plasticman » December 8th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Is it possible to have a report created please? I can't see any reports in the standard templates and I could really do with one.

What I would like is to search by patient, by date and by service or product, and get a report of what items they have had bought from my clinic (i.e. invoice items from the financial items of service or products).

This way, when my customers come in and ask what products they bought in the past, we can easily look it up and tell them. Customers sometimes forget the names of the products they have bought in the past and the dates when they bought them.

Is this possible to do myself with one of the report templates that already exist?

thanks for your help
plasticman

Re: Invoice items listing by patient and date

Postby Daniel Casserly » December 8th, 2011, 2:08 pm

Hi PlasticMan - thanks for your post.

I believe that there is a report already that does what does what you're asking. It's in the Financial section of the Reports & Templates screen, entitled "Invoiced Items & Services by Patient".

If this report does not appear in your list, please follow the below steps :-

1. Click "Import" on the Reports & Templates page
  2. Navigate to your ClinicOffice Installation folder.
    (By default this is "C:\Program Files\Pioneer Software\ClinicOffice v4\cov4_defaults")
  3. Find the "Invoiced Items & Services by Patient [Financial].COv4_Report" and double click to open.
You should receive a message that report has been imported and the "Invoiced Items & Services by Patient" report will be available for you to use in the "Financial" category.

Please let us know if this report does what you're after - thanks!
ClinicOffice Support Team
Daniel Casserly

Postby plasticman » December 8th, 2011, 11:23 pm

thanks for the reply. That would be a report that I would use.

However, in the report display options, in the drop down arrow to the right of the button that says "search", when I select "show all records", the date isn't displayed.

Also, I've put through some financial transactions for product sales (as opposed to services sales) and the products don't seem to getting displayed

can you help?
plasticman

Postby plasticman » December 12th, 2011, 8:19 pm

hi - bumped for further help :)
plasticman

Postby Support » December 13th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Hi Plasticman,

>> in the report display options, in the drop down arrow to the right of the button that
>> says "search", when I select "show all records", the date isn't displayed.

This is an agreggated report which summarizes how many items of a certain type have been purchased by a patient over your specified period of time. For example, if Mrs Smith had 3 treatments over the course of a year, then you would see ONE line in the report saying "Mrs Smith - Treatments - Qty 3".

It's not possible to summarize the data AND display individual dates for each item.

>> I've put through some financial transactions for product sales (as opposed to
>> services sales) and the products don't seem to getting displayed

I've just tested this here and it works perfectly for all sales regardless of their category. Please can you try again and make sure that you don't specify a search criteria for "Item Category" in the search critieria box.
Support
Site Admin

Postby plasticman » December 16th, 2011, 10:41 am

Thanks. I must have done something wrong as it is working for both services and products.
It's not possible to summarize the data AND display individual dates for each item.

This is something I would really like. Is it possible to commission a report for this?
thanks
plasticman

Postby Support » December 16th, 2011, 2:37 pm

>> This is something I would really like. Is it possible to commission a report for this?
It's a physical impossibility to summarize data (i.e. to say "Patient X purchased a total of 10 ice packs totalling £x.xx") AND to list the dates of each purchase separately on the same agreggated report.

Do you mean that you would want the report to simply list each purchase separately and not summarise the data? If so, that would be possible and I can pass it on to our developers to look at, although there may be a small charge for producing it as a custom report for you. Please let us know if you'd like to proceed?
Support
Site Admin

Postby plasticman » December 20th, 2011, 9:43 pm

ultimately, this is what I'm looking for:

when my customers come in and ask what products they bought in the past, I want to easily look it up and tell them. Customers sometimes forget the names of the products they have bought in the past and the dates when they bought them.

Thanks
plasticman

Postby Support » December 21st, 2011, 10:24 am

Thanks for explaining what you require. We have modified the original "Invoiced Items & Services by Patient" report by removing all agreggation and adding in the "date/time" and "invoicenum" fields.

Please try the attached report and let us know if it's what you are after.

Instructions for importing a report can be found here :-
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=249
Attachments
Invoiced Items & Services by Patient (Detailed) [Financial].zip
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to Reports & Templates