Patient codes

Any questions, comments, hints or tips relating to ClinicOffice 2005
Post a reply

Patient codes

Postby nfjaffer » February 12th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Hi
Is there any way to switch off the automatic code for each patient - there is a box that pops up asking whether to allocate a number, but staff often are on the phone and rush through and click auto allocate which hen creates discrepancies with the patients and their code numbers.
Thanks.
nfjaffer

Postby Support » February 26th, 2007, 8:53 am

You can click FILE | SETTINGS | User Options, then untick "Confirm Auto Assign Patient Code" in the Optional Messages list.

Hope this helps!
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Postby nfjaffer » February 27th, 2007, 5:44 pm

By taking the "confirm autoassign" off from File - Settings, it doesn't help. It automatically gives the patient a code and I don't want that.
Ideally I would like the code left blank without any option of auto assigning.
Is this possible at all?
nfjaffer

a possible solution...

Postby backman » February 27th, 2007, 8:51 pm

You can click FILE | SETTINGS | User Options, then tick "Confirm Auto Assign Patient Code" in the Optional Messages list which will switch the auto allocation back on...

Buy your staff a telephone with a head set to free up there hands... and tell them to click the NO button :twisted:

http://www.tammsdirect.com for hands free sets

:D I'm sorry but you pay them to get it right just tell them that's the way it's done... curious as to why do you not want a code allocated???

Clom
backman

• Website

Postby nfjaffer » March 1st, 2007, 8:59 pm

We do use codes for all patients, however sometimes a new patient will ring up and book a consultation in advance, so they are entered into the database, but then they may not show up or they cancel the appointment. So with the autoallocation system, that patient already has a code but never materialises. Even if you delete that patient, you cannot allocate that same code to someone else.
The way we organise our codes is the day the patient physically comes in for the initial consultation - they have a file made up and they have a code allocated there and then.
Do you not have the same problems with no shows??
nfjaffer

Postby Support » March 2nd, 2007, 8:38 am

You can always "de-allocate" a patient code by simply deleting (i.e. 'backspacing' over it). You can then re-allocate that number to somebody else.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Postby nfjaffer » March 9th, 2007, 8:35 am

Excellent! That solves my problem. Before when I tried that, the genie would insist I put a number into it. Now it does let me delete it.
Thanks!
nfjaffer

Post a reply

Return to Questions & Answers