SQL Statements And DB Access

Any questions, comments, hints or tips relating to ClinicOffice 2005
Post a reply

SQL Statements And DB Access

Postby manic » July 17th, 2008, 4:27 pm

Hi there,

I need to be able to view and extract data from the CO2005 database. Is it possible to use some kind of GUI to access, view and run SQL statements on this database?

Currently I deal with some mySQL databases and they can be accessed with handy GUI's like SQLYog. Im familiar with postgreSQL but thats only used on the newer clinic office.

How can I access the C02005 database outside of clinic office?

Kind Regards,
Matt
manic

Re: SQL Statements And DB Access

Postby Support » July 17th, 2008, 5:12 pm

Hi Matt - thanks for your question.

Yes ClinicOffice 2005 does use a SQL based database engine, but the exact database schema is proprietary so we don't usually release that information. Also, the ClinicOffice 2005 database is encrypted and in order to give you direct access, we would have to divulge the global encryption key used for all CO2005 databases.

ClinicOffice v4 however is more accessible. You can have full SQL access to it via the reporting mechanism and you can query the engine and even export the resultsets direct to Excel and many other formats.

The COv4 SERVER edition goes a step further in that it uses PGSQL (http://www.postgresql.org) which has great community support and many freely available database tools. COv4 also uses a different encryption method and there would be no problem allowing you to full access to your database as it wouldn't potentially compromise the security of any other customers.

Have you considered upgrading to COv4 at all?
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to Questions & Answers