Patient Database

Any questions, comments, hints or tips relating to ClinicOffice 2005
Post a reply

Patient Database

Postby swoakes » May 12th, 2010, 2:13 pm

I am trying to update the database before moving to V4. The patient category field on many records is not filled in. Manually going through each record takes ages. Is it possible for you to automatically allocate a category based on whether another field has a value in it? ie Insurance company field has a value therefore allocate "insurance" in patient category field. Thanks Steve
swoakes

• Website

Re: Patient Database

Postby Support » May 13th, 2010, 6:22 am

I notice that you're on our Support Plan, so if you can please email us a list of the Patient Categories that you wish to use, plus a detailed explanation of how you to allocate patients to categories, then we'll write a SQL script for you which will do this. Many thanks.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Re: Patient Database

Postby swoakes » May 13th, 2010, 9:17 am

Thanks for the reply. We only use 2 patient categories "Insurance" and "Self payer". The sql script needs to allocate the category "insurance" if there is any value in the "Insurance Company" field in the patient record. If the "Insurance Company" field is blank then it should allocate the "Self Payer" category in the patient record. Hope this makes sense. If you can produce a script I can test on a copy of the database before we do it on live data. Thanks Steve
swoakes

• Website

Post a reply

Return to Questions & Answers