#19 I deleted a patient record by accident! What can I do?!

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for ClinicOffice 2005
Forum rules
These articles are created and maintained by our support staff. Please feel free to post a reply to an article if you need more information on a subject or any clarification.
Post a reply

#19 I deleted a patient record by accident! What can I do?!

Postby Support » November 20th, 2005, 10:37 pm

The first thing is DON'T PANIC! #-o

ClinicOffice 2005 doesn't actually delete patient, contact or staff records. It simply puts them in the 'deleted bin'.

Here's what to do...
- Click Patients from the Home Page
- At the top right of the patient grid, click Show Deleted (you may also need to click "Show All" if you have just been using some search criteria)
- You should now see any deleted patients in your database. Find the one you deleted by accident and right click on him/her
- Click Restore Patient
- Click YES to confirm that you want to undelete the patient
- ClinicOffice will now confirm that it has undeleted the patient for you
- Lastly, click Restore Normal View at the top right to go back to your normal list of patients!
Et voila! Your patient is now undeleted! \:D/

The exact same principle applies to contact records and staff members. However, this DOES NOT apply to invoices/payments/session notes etc. When these other types of record are deleted, they are physically removed from the database.

As always, we recommend that you implement a good regular backup strategy which always gives you the option of restoring from a backup if you need to.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to FAQ Articles