Support Forum for ClinicOffice - Practice Management Software by Pioneer Software

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 

Autosave

ClinicOffice Support Forum Index -> CO2005 Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siking

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Autosave

I would like an autosave option when I have the session notes option. My wireless network keeps dropping the connection and I lose the entire notes session.

Simon
support
Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

Hmmm... to be honest, it's very unlikely that we will be implementing an autosave feature for technical reasons.

Imagine you went in to a patient's record and accidentally deleted the text from a session note (this could easily be done if all the text were highlighted and you pressed any key on the keyboard).

If the auto-save then kicked in, it would effectively overwrite the record information with a blank record and there would be no way to retrieve it.

Further problems would arise if you started editing a record and then for some reason wanted to revert back (e.g. if you realise you are editing the wrong record). Again, if an auto-save had been performed, it would overwrite your data making it impossible to revert back.

Our suggestion? As noted on our website (http://www.pioneersoftware.co.uk) we urge customers to shy away from wireless networks with ClinicOffice for the very reason you mention - dropped network connections.

Using ClinicOffice over a network is not like editing a word document or an excel spreadsheet over the network. ClinicOffice requires a persistent network access to your database and connection drops are not only an inconvenience, but in some cases could even corrupt record data (if the drop occurs during a database write operation). So whereever possible, we strongly recommend a sold wired network rather than wireless.

Sorry we can't be of more help!

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Wireless

Your reply is most courteous and considerate. I wish I had read your recommendations before ripping out the wired network during our refurbishment.

I must say that all the problems I had at the time I wrote have improved massively since I upgraded the router/modem's firmware and got the right version on the 4th attempt. Now it is rare that it drops the connection.

Thanks again

Simon
       ClinicOffice Support Forum Index -> CO2005 Wish List All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: