Support Forum for ClinicOffice - Practice Management Software by Pioneer Software

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 

FAQ: I deleted a patient record by accident! What can I do?!

ClinicOffice Support Forum Index -> CO2005 Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
support
Site Admin
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: FAQ: I deleted a patient record by accident! What can I do?!

The first thing is DON'T PANIC!

ClinicOffice 2005 doesn't actually delete patient, contact or staff records. It simply puts them in the 'deleted bin'.

Here's what to do...
- Click Patients from the Home Page
- At the top right of the patient grid, click Show Deleted (you may also need to click "Show All" if you have just been using some search criteria)
- You should now see any deleted patients in your database. Find the one you deleted by accident and right click on him/her
- Click Restore Patient
- Click YES to confirm that you want to undelete the patient
- ClinicOffice will now confirm that it has undeleted the patient for you
- Lastly, click Restore Normal View at the top right to go back to your normal list of patients!
Et voila! Your patient is now undeleted!

The exact same principle applies to contact records and staff members. However, this DOES NOT apply to invoices/payments/session notes etc. When these other types of record are deleted, they are physically removed from the database.

As always, we recommend that you implement a good regular backup strategy which always gives you the option of restoring from a backup if you need to.
       ClinicOffice Support Forum Index -> CO2005 Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: